Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Phew!

So I just got off the phone with mi papa.

The short version is that with my sister's wedding coming up in November (for which I want to look so so schexy!), neither he nor my step mom can financially support my decision to pay for lap-band surgery. I understand that completely. So co-signing a lease is off the table.

But luckily for me, I have a very very kind and generous relative that has offered to help in some capacity. I don't want to jinx it or put the cart before the horse, but it's looking extremely positive.

While my dad admits that the surgery is not the option he would like to see me choose, he will be by my side every step of the way, which I appreciate. If I do go to talk to a surgeon about the procedure, he wants to go with me to ask the tough questions. Again, it's sooooo comforting knowing that while I don't have his immediate blessings, he is at least willing to try.

I told him tonight that he may or may not like the decision I ultimately make, but that he will have to trust me and know that I am making the best decision I can for me. I told him its the best type of investment I could possibly fathom - an investment in ME. Because I honestly do believe that I have a lot to offer this world and it would really be a shame if I didn't have the chance to share my awesomeness.

Today was a good day.

-H

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to suggest Overeaters Anonymous. It may or may not be right for you, but it's worth checking out. Alcoholics Anonymous really helped my boyfriend and continues to help him to this day. It really helps to have a community of people dealing with similar issues. Who knows...maybe you'll meet someone else who is going to have surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the suggestion! I've actually considered it. I saw a flyer for it the other day...possibly at school. It seemed to have a very Christian focus - or at least the one I saw advertised. I'll look into it as a supplement! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete