Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Did some research...

OK so I poked around online for a bit just now and here's what I've figured out.

1) I really need to figure out this insurance business. "They" suggest that I have the "full support" of my primary care physician and that they submit a pre-approval for the weight loss surgery, indicating that it is medically necessary. So...I scheduled an appointment at Health Services for Friday. I'm basically just going to walk in there and be like "Dr. O, this is whatcha gotta do for me."

2) Along with Dr. O's letter of "medical necessity," it is suggested that I indicate a weight loss history and try my best to document everything. I'm going to look at W's health services and see if I can get my records indicating that I saw the nutritionist there and that I lost weight. I also am going to contact the JCC and the YMCA to see if they can prove my "membership." Same with Weight Watchers. Ugh. That might be a painful process. I'm sure no one will get back to me promptly. I foresee a lot of emails and follow up phone calls in my future. I'm not even sure who to contact at the YMCA. Ugh, hate that place.

3) I applied for a Care Credit card. Its basically a credit card for health care needs. I applied for it a few weeks ago and was denied. Tonight I applied again and was approved for $1,600. I'm not exactly sure what good that'll do me....but I guess it's a step in the right direction. I only need about $18,400 more! Please send money in lieu of graduation gifts! I'm only half kidding! Actually, I'm not kidding at all!

4) This is not a fun process.

5) I'd like to look into loan options. But I need a co-signer. Anyone willing? Seriously.

Ugh. Why does no one believe in this besides me? Me and my therapist. But then again, I pay her $90 an hour...so for $90 an hour, she'll agree to anything.

(As a somewhat related sidebar, my dad once tried to tell me that he didn't think I should have surgery because I could die on the table. NEWSFLASH: I could die without having the surgery! So IF I were to die on the table....at least I would DIE TRYING).

Blah.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment