Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Quick Update

I'm still alive and kickin'.
Felt the need to reassure you all that I haven't fallen off the face of the planet - I'm just a grad student, with 2 jobs, an internship, and getting ready to graduate.

However, here's what's new:

1. Finally was able to make an appointment with the nutritionist on Feb. 23rd. That was the earliest they could get me in.

2. I had an appointment schedule with a doc at health services for last Friday, but the doctor had to cancel, so it's rescheduled for tomorrow. We'll see what she says about my "weight-related health concerns."

3. I have a temporary sponsor at OA. I went back for my 3rd meeting today. Afterwards, I stood there while I watched everyone talking and laughing and I panicked and started crying. How to find a sponsor? How to approach ANYONE and talk? HOW? Too anxious, too scary, too much. Too overwhelmed. But fortunately someone took pity on me and is now my temporary sponsor. We talked for a bit, exchanged phone numbers, and she encouraged me to buy one of the books OA has for sale about the 12 steps and 12 traditions. I'm calling her tomorrow for to take the first step. She won't be my permanent sponsor...something about lesbian sponsors allowed to have female sponsees. I completely understand....but seriously? What? Does she think she's going to fall in love with ME? Psh.

4. That's all, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment