Tuesday, February 9, 2010

well...

I met with Dr. O at health services yesterday. The short version is that she is completely sympathetic to my situation, supportive of the surgery, and wants to put me in touch with her friend Lisa that had the Lap-Band and is just doing "fantastically." But she says that Aetna absolutely won't cover the procedure, whether it's medically necessary or not. She's going to put me in touch with the Aetna rep for the school, just so that I can verify this. But as far as Dr. O's concerned, there is no appeal process, etc. It's just not covered. She thinks it may be possible for it to be "run" through the insurance anyway, which could knock off a couple thousand dollars. She'll keep me updated. Additionally, Dr. O says that sometimes there are surgeons who perform the surgery at the medical school as research and sometimes they're looking for "subjects." Dr. O is going to email into her network about this and see what can be done. In the meantime, I'm just supposed to wait and hear from her. So I guess not all is lost. Still a bit demoralizing, though.

In other news, I called my reluctant temporary sponsor yesterday at our designated time and ::shock:: she didn't pick up. Yeah, I'm not surprised. As if her reluctance to be my sponsor wasn't bad enough - she actually had the gall to blow me off! I feel rejected and deflected and generally crappy about it. I'm so horrible/unwanted/unloveable that even my pathetic OA sponsor wants nothing to do with me. I really AM a loser! Hahahahaha. Maniacal laughter. Hahahaha.

-H

1 comment:

  1. oh hoom, i forget things all the time. don't think the missed call was just her blowing you off. maybe she just forgot or she got caught up in something. don't be so quick to bash yourself. you are a wonderful person and i am HAPPY to call you my friend and my hoom :)

    ReplyDelete