Friday, March 12, 2010

Sorry!

Oops, I temporarily fell off the face of the planet.

I'm back!

Here's what's shakin'.

I'm meeting regularly with the nutritionist at school, which is good. She is actually quite helpful and has me on a reasonable food plan. I must be succeeding with it because I've lost 17 lbs so far. I'm eating tons of fruits and vegetables and am working on portion control. I was really hungry for the first week or so. Food consumed my EVERY thought, which scared the crap out of me. I couldn't wait until my next meal. But now I'm doin' just fine. It's all good. I'm abstaining from all of the crap that used to plague my life...the cookies and brownies and chips and crap. And "they're" right. Once you stop eating all of that, you just don't crave it anymore. That happened when I cut soda out of my life when I was 17...so I'm not surprised. Again, it's all good.

Life is hectic right now, but everything seems to be falling into place at the same time. Graduation is not far off...and I'm now employed! As a social worker! Part-time starting Monday (eeek!) and then full-time starting after graduation. So yay me! This is just wonderful because I already feel less destitute. But it means that weight loss surgery may have to wait about a year. Or possibly 6 months. I'm not giving up hope, though. I'm going to continue with my food plan, continue working on shit in therapy, and continue to do my research. With my new job's health insurance...who knows...maybe the surgery will be covered. All in due time.

A gym has opened up down the street that costs $20 a month. Totally in my budget. I've thought about it and I absolutely do not want to work out at the JCC. Too many people I know. Too many opportunities for me to (eventually) run into my clients or my clients' families. No thanks. I'd rather join the podunk little gym down the street. The classes are free!

So, yeah, I'm just truckin. Once things settle down (right now I have 3 jobs, 4 classes, and an internship), I'm going to focus on the exercising. I just want to go to my little job every day, come home to my little apartment, go to my little gym, play with my little cat, and live a simple existence. Not too much to ask for, I don't think.

Here's the catch: I've continued with the OA...but I'm starting to think that I'm quite possibly not an overeater. I do stress eat. And eat my emotions. But I don't think I fit the classic profile of an OA member. I mean, I've been hearing stories of people eating food out of the trash and sitting on the floor of the kitchen with the entire contents of their fridge spread out all around them. That's not me. I don't have the cookies and other crap around the house anymore...and I'm too fucking lazy to go out and buy them...so that means I'm not bingeing. I also think the fact that those crazy, out of control emotions are just not there anymore. Or, they're still there, but I'm learning how to handle them appropriately, thanks to my therapist. So, yeah.

I'm feeling really positive right now. I'm just gonna keep on trucking.

Oh, and I flew Delta the other day and the seatbelt fit around me. Praise allah.

Peace and love,

H

No comments:

Post a Comment